Monday, May 7, 2007

Getting Ready

I'm pulling this blog together to keep in touch with family and friends back home while I'm gone for three weeks in the Middle East with the Middle East Travel Seminar (Picture to left was on a trip to Italy's Cinque Terra, 2004). I leave on Thursday for Atlanta and then we fly out on Monday, May 14th. We leave Atlanta at 9PM, fly to Paris and arrive at 11AM then to Damascus at 7PM! I don't have a detailed itinerary of all the sights but I do have a list of hotels we'll be at. I found a number of websites for them:

15 and 16 - Damascus - Cham Palace Hotel

May 17 - Meshtayeh - Al Wadi Hotel

May 18 - Hama -
Cham Palace Hotel

May 19 -
Palmyra - Cham Palace Hotel

May 20 - Ihrbid, Jordan - Al Joude Hotel

May 21 -
Amman - Radisson SAS

May 22 and 23 - Petra
- Grand View Hotel

May 24 - Sinai - Morgen Land Village

May 25
- Nweiba -Taba - Sonesta Beach Resort Hotel

May 26 - Arad -
Margoa Arad Hotel

May 27 and 28 - Tiberius - Mt. of Beatitudes Hostel

May 29 - June 1 - Jerusalem - Notre Dame Hotel

June 2 -Hydra - Hydroussa Hotel

June 3 -
Athens - Herodion Hotel

Here's a map of the general area we'll be in: Map of Middle East.

For those new to the blog-o-sphere, click on the comments below and you can add a comment to any post. Check back regularly for new posts or my responses to your comments in the comments section.


4 comments:

Cindy said...

God be with you Tom as you travel on this wonderful journey. Know that the prayers of the people of Efland UMC are with you throughout the trip. We look forward to hearing all about it both on the blog and after you return and begin to share in person. May you feel the presence of God as you walk some of the same paths that Jesus and the early Christians walked. The grace and peace of Christ be with you always. Cindy

Unknown said...

Tom, I liked your post so much that I plagiarized you on my blog. I am headed to Malaysia. Can't wait to hear from you. May God keep you safe and shape you for ministry in special ways during your journey!

Shalom,

Craig

Anonymous said...

Tom, while searching another site, I was so excited to find your blog re METS. We have a son who will be traveling with you, Jonathan Berry. I do hope you will get to meet him; he is an amazing guy you would enjoy knowing, and one you'd never forget [I'm totally unbiased!!!]. He is in Steve's group also. Please know that we will be praying for all the travelers -- especially our Jonathan, and you, Tom, and your wife, Sarah. We pray these experiences will be life changing in your relationships with the Lord -- deeper, more meaningful than anything you could ever imagine or hope for. We pray specifically for travel safety; wellness; and a strengthening and intensifying of your ministries now and in the future. We pray every step y'all take will be in the footprints of Jesus, and that He will receive all the honor and glory and praise. Our love in Christ, Peggye and Ted Berry

Anonymous said...

Hello Tom~My name is Marsha and I attend the Methodist church in Efland, where you will be when you return from your trip. Know that our prayers are with you and I am looking forward to getting to know you and learn of your adventures in your travels. God bless. Marsha