Friday, May 11, 2007

Atlanta

I arrived in Atlanta yesterday, Thursday, and was picked up by a highschool/college friend, Neill, who also was my best man at my wedding. We spent Thursday touring around Atlanta and he cooked a mean Nam Sod meal last night for dinner. Today we visited West Georgia University where he is a professor of psychology. We also visited his wife's seventh-grade math class. Since I have spent very little time with Charissa, Neill's wife, it was great to see her in her teaching element. After all this visiting we headed out to Sweatwater Park for a four mile hike along a beautiful river. We're taking a quick break before heading out for a bite tonight. Tomorrow I begin orientation for METS at the Hampton Inn at Stone Mountain. I'm looking forward to getting to know my roomates and fellow travelers. Its going to be a great trip.

No comments: